It’s been an interesting and successful 12 months working with Microsoft and its hosting partners!
- Thanks to the amazing Derrick Wheeler, I was honored to be the social media keynote speaker at Microsoft’s Internal SEO conference last year.
- Since then I’ve create an ebook (see image on the right- available only within the Microsoft Partner Network) and a video with assessment for the Microsoft Partner Network.
- And then we embarked on a six company pilot program for our Digital Marketing in a Box launch program. The most successful have been those for whom we created an explainer video or whitepaper. We’ve been able to drive affordable targeted lead with a combination of advertising and content marketing, as well as dramatically increase these companies’ visibility.
Hosting is one of those categories where leaders like RackSpace do all the best practices like:
- Creating content (whitepapers, ebooks, videos, blog posts) that solves problems for your customer
- Advertising through search engines (targeting people looking to buy now) and social advertising opportunities (targeting people by their job title)
- Growing owned media lists (email, fans, followers et al) and leveraging them to communicate new services and offers
- Landing page optimization, especially split-tests to decrease their cost per lead and cost per sale
- Integrating CRM into their marketing and sales process, especially to granularly track the success of marketing campaigns
When you have most or all of those in place, it’s feasible for us to create 50% – 400% improvements in your cost per lead or sale. Contact us about doing that for your company.
But many hosting companies are missing one or more of the above best practices. The task there is to audit what they have and find the gaps, custom-prioritize strategies and then execute a launch of best practice strategies. Then we can go back and increase efficiency and profitability.
If you’re interested in taking your marketing and sales results to the next level, contact us!